Meteorologist Julie Broughton has been a fixture on the Central Florida weather scene for nearly a decade. She arrived Orlando in 2001 and covered hurricanes Charley, Frances and Jean in 2004, along with our historic hurricane season in 2005.
[IMAGES: Click my faves]
Prior to moving to Central Florida, Julie worked as an on-camera meteorologist in Chicago; Evansville, Ind.; and Oak Hill, W.V. Julie is a graduate of Indiana University and completed her meteorology studies through Mississippi State University. Julie holds the National Weather Association Seal of Approval.
Julie is the weekend morning meteorologist and, while forecasting is her first love, she also values the opportunity to report. Here at Local 6, Julie reports on weather and environmental issues two days a week. She also enjoys volunteering in the community and serves on the Board of Directors for the Orlando Gay Chorus. Julie's hobbies and interests include reading, writing, natural parenting and caffeine (a necessity on the weekend morning show!).
- Favorite Restaurant: Seito Sushi in Winter Park Village
- Favorite Food: Sushi...the spicier the better!
- Favorite Genre Of Music: Pop
- Favorite Musical Group/Singer: The Wiggles, closely followed by The Doors and Justin Timberlake
- Favorite Web Site: I'm ashamed to admit this, but Facebook
- Favorite Author: It's a tie between James Patterson and Augusten Burroughs, depending upon my mood
- Favorite Book: Running With Scissors
- Favorite Sport: Basketball
- Favorite Team: Orlando Magic, of course
- Favorite Movie: Gone with the Wind and Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite TV Show: Dexter
- Favorite Actor/Actress: Reese Witherspoon and Morgan Freeman
- Favorite Quote: "A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
- Place You Would Love To Visit: Tahiti