Tips to Avoid Breaker Trips
- Unplug electrical appliances that are not in use. Electrical current still runs to the appliance even if it is not turned on.
- Be especially aware of how many appliances you have plugged in during very cold or hot weather. Air conditioners and space heaters, for example, are energy suckers. In the winter, you will more likely have more lamps burning.
- If you have few outlets, try to spread your biggest energy users around.
- Also, if you have few outlets, putting an extension plug or power strip will tax your system more. It is still only one outlet.
- Make sure none of your appliance cords are damaged, frayed or melted.