OCALA, Fla. -

Authorities say five people have been sent to the hospital after being overcome by fumes while using a generator inside their house in Ocala.

Ocala Fire Rescue spokesman Brian Stoothoff told the Ocala Star-Banner that everyone in the house was suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. Someone was able to call 911 shortly before 1 a.m. Friday.

The newspaper reports all five are expected to recover.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless and odorless. Stoothoff reminds people not to use generators inside their homes.