Black Friday begins after shoppers camp out
Central Floridians took part in Black Friday the day after Thanksgiving, hoping to save money on doorbusting deals.
Local 6 talked to shoppers, some who have been waiting since Monday, that are lined up outside local Best Buy stores to get deals like a 40-inch TV for $179 or at Kmart to get a 32-inch TV for $99.
Target announced it will match online prices at competitors Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com and Toysrus.com. Earlier, Best Buy and Toys R Us also said they would match online prices of Amazon, Wal-Mart and Sears.
Stores also aimed to be the first to open for the big annual holiday sales. Toys R Us and Wal-Mart opened their doors for bargain hunters at 8 p.m. Thursday, just as some people are dipping into desserts after their turkey dinners. Target opened at 9 p.m. Thursday.
Slideshow: Black Friday: Past, present and future
The layaways are already bringing in more customers at Kmart, Toys R Us and Wal-Mart in the past month. Layaways work well for people who want to book a hot toy or other gift item before it sells out, and make incremental payments until they can cover its total cost.
An estimated 147 million shoppers plan to shop this coming weekend, down from the 220 million last year, according to the industry trade group the National Retail Federation.
The following local malls hours are:
- Altamonte Mall: 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Festival Bay 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Florida Mall 12 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores 7 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Lake Square Mall 4 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- The Loop, Kissimmee 4 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Mall at Millenia 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Melbourne Square Mall 12 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Merritt Square Mall 12 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Orlando Fashion Square 12 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Orlando Premium Outlets 12 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Oviedo Marketplace 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Seminole Towne Center, Sanford 4 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Waterford Lakes Town Center 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- West Oaks Mall 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Winter Garden Village 6 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Volusia Mall 12 a.m. - 10 p.m.
2012 BLACK FRIDAY SALE HOURS
- Bass Pro Shops: 5 a.m.
- Bealls: 12 a.m.
- Best Buy: 12 a.m.
- Dick's Sporting Goods: 5 a.m.
- HH Gregg: 12 a.m.
- Home Depot: 5 a.m.
- JCPenney: 4 a.m.
- Kmart: 5 a.m.
- Kohl's: 12 a.m.
- Lowe's: 5 a.m.
- Macy's: 12 a.m.
- Office Depot: 5 a.m.
- OfficeMax: 6 a.m
- Old Navy: 12 a.m.
- Sears: 4 a.m.
- Sports Authority: 5 a.m.
- Staples: 6 a.m.
See the links below for more Black Friday information and deals:
Black Friday ads leak ahead of schedule | Black Friday starting early at Disney | Wal-Mart unveils Black Friday deals | Amazon launches Black Friday store | 20 Black Friday shopping tips | Find your own deals through eDeals.com
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.