ORLANDO, Fla. -

The civil trial for Casey Anthony has been postponed to 2013.

Judge Lisa Munyon announced Tuesday that the defamation case filed by Zenaida Gonzalez against Anthony will now start Jan. 2, 2013.  It had been scheduled to begin in April.

Gonzalez shares a similar name -- Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez -- as a fictitious baby sitter whom Anthony initially said kidnapped her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, in 2008.  At Anthony's murder trial last summer, Anthony's defense claimed Caylee drowned in the family's swimming pool and, therefore, had not been abducted.  Caylee's remains were found in December 2008.

Attorneys representing Gonzalez and Anthony, 25, requested the later date, in part because of conflicts with other clients.

Munyon said she was concerned a last-minute delay would waste taxpayers' money but later determined it would only cost an additional $157 to re-issue jury summons.

The delay now gives Gonzalez's attorneys more time to find Anthony, who's serving probation in an undisclosed Florida location, and serve her with a subpoena.  On Tuesday, Munyon ruled that Gonzalez can force Anthony to attend the trial, but only if they can serve her the subpoena.

By the time the civil trial starts, Anthony will no longer be on probation and could potentially be living outside Florida.

Anthony was found not guilty of murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee, last summer.  She was found guilty of lying to police, however.  Anthony is serving probation on unrelated check fraud charges.

Anthony's lawyers will be in court next week to attempt to get the lawsuit dismissed at a hearing in which Gonzalez will ask a judge to award her money before the case goes to trial.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.