In addition to revelations about the Magic Kingdom's new Fantasyland expansion and a revamp to Epcot's Test Track, Disney Parks and Resorts President Meg Crofton announced "What's New & What's Next" for 2012.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Dumbo Flies Again as First Phases of the New Fantasyland spring to life. Fun-seekers can soar with a true Fantasyland icon or take a rollicking coaster ride with The Great Goofini as the first phases in the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history welcome summer guests
- "The Magic, The Memories, and You!" summer show. Starting May 25, a new summertime version of "The Magic, The Memories, and You!" will project onto Cinderella Castle. The nightly spectacular - a park favorite since it debuted in early 2011 - includes hundreds of photos of Magic Kingdom guests taken that day.
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort opens May 31, consisting primarily of family suites immersing guests in the magical worlds of Disney and Disney-Pixar animated films. Landscape of Flavors food court will feature customized dining options at this value-category resort.
- Play away the day (and night). This is the first summer for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, an engaging interactive experience enabling guests - armed with magic spells in the form of special cards - to defeat the Disney Villains. Coming this June, Disney Phineas and Ferb: Agent P's World Showcase Adventure turns Epcot guests into secret agents seeking clues that help Agent P defeat his nemesis Dr. Doofenschmirtz.
- Star Wars Weekends returns to the Walt Disney World Galaxy May-June. With character appearances, themed parades, star conversations, behind the scenes presentations and autograph sessions, the popular event brings a galaxy far, far away to Disney's Hollywood Studios weekends May 18-June 10.