The family of an 11-year-old girl is suing Orange Lakes Resort in Orlando after she was electrocuted while playing mini golf.
The wrongful death lawsuit filed Tuesday in Orange County Circuit Court seeks more than $27 million in damages. Ashton Jojo, of Latham, N.Y., was electrocuted June 27 while retrieving a ball from a pond.
Miami-based attorney Ira Leesfield told Local6 that the lawsuit also seeks damages for the emotional distress suffered by parents David and Deborah Jojo and their 14-year-old son Donovan.
Leesfield said the resort didn't hire a certified electrical contractor or obtain proper permits to replace aging equipment.
He said someone needs to be held accountable for the Jojo family losing their only daughter.