A 15-year-old girl babysitting her five siblings at their Orange County home is being credited with saving her family from carbon monoxide poisoning after discovering her parents unconscious in the garage.
The incident occurred early Thursday at a home on Winter Ridge Circle near Old Winter Garden and Hiawassee roads.
According to Orange County deputies, the parents went to get some baby formula and left the teen in charge of her siblings, including an infant and two small children. Deputies said the parents remained in the running car for awhile because the home does not have air conditioning.
The teen woke up after smelling an odor and found her mother and father unconscious in the car and went to a neighbor to call 911, deputies said.
Both parents and some of the children were taken to a hospital. Their respective conditions were not immediately known, but they're all expected to be OK.
Deputies said the teen likely saved their lives.
Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.