Grandmother, baby escape Seminole County fire
11 people displaced in Altamonte Springs blaze
Seminole County firefighters are trying to figure out what sparked a fire that damaged a apartment building Wednesday night.
Eleven people living at the Altamonte Villa Apartments in Altamonte Springs were displaced by the fire, authorities said.
A woman told Local 6 she left her baby at home with the child's grandmother. When she returned, she found the apartment on fire.
She said the grandmother smelled smoke, grabbed the baby and escaped the fire uninjured.
A man on the first floor of the apartment building suffered minor injuries and was transported to a hospital, officials said.
Firefighters said four apartments were seriously damaged.
The families who lost their homes were able to find shelter with friends and family. The Red Cross will also assist the families.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.