Illegal slot machines seized from Central Fla. gas stations
Authorities have seized illegal slot machines from 12 gas stations across Central Florida.
Authorities with the Orange County Sheriff's Office and Metropolitan Investigation Bureau raided gas stations in Orange, Osceola and Marion counties on Tuesday morning.
According to the report, casino-style slot machines, owned by a business named Specialized Games, LLC were in gas station convenience stores and were being used for gambling by customers at the stores.
Larry Zweig, the head of the MIB says each machine likely collected $1,000 to $2,000 a week.
Several arrests were also made during the raid. Records show arrest warrants were also issued for two store owners.
The investigation began about four months ago when a tipster call authorities about illegal gambling going on at the stations. Authorities say anyone with information on other locations with similar machines should call the Crimeline at 800-423-8477.
The following businesses received search warrants:
- CITGO, 5500 Clarcona Ocoee Road
- Taste of New York/Sunoco, 6201 Edgewater Drive
- Sunny Mini Mart, 5301 Satel Drive
- Coastal Gas, 2012 S. Orange Blossom Trail
- CITGO, 2900 S. Rio Grand Avenue
- Valero, 4521 S. Orange Blossom Trail
- Xpress Food Max, 6325 Silver Star Road
- Right Fuel and Food, 5500 Beggs Road
- SJM Food Store, 6854 N. Orange Blossom Trail
- Chevron, 14622 E. Colonial Drive
- Rightway Foods, 3780 Ocoee Apopka Road
- Southern Self Storage, C-207, 2110 NE 36th Avenue, Ocala
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.