Lake Nona Village booming with new businesses
16 new business planned by end of year
Lake Nona announced on Tuesday that it has initiated plans to open a dozen new businesses at its Lake Nona Village and Lake Nona Plaza shopping centers on Narcoossee Road in south Orlando, adding a total of sixteen new businesses to the community by the end of the year.
"This collection of businesses will be another great addition to our growing community," said Jill Rose, senior sales and leasing associate for Lake Nona. "Retailers already see the value of what a Lake Nona location brings right now, along with the promise of what will be here as the community matures."
Lake Nona has seen a tremendous amount of entrepreneurial and residential growth as major employers at Medical City open. The community was recognized in January as the best-selling new home community in the Orlando market, and the 14th best-selling community in the country, with more than 450 homes sold in 2012.
New leases in Lake Nona Village include:
- Orlando Orthopedic Center, which opened its sixth location in Central Florida earlier in the year. The Lake Nona Village location offers a full range of orthopedic services, from minimally invasive surgery and physical therapy to prescription service and MRI technology.
- Lake Nona Ophthalmology, whose facility will open next month.
- Panera Bread, which has broken ground and will open later in the year.
- Heartland Dental, one of the leading dental service organizations in the United States with more than 370 affiliated practices in 19 states, which is under construction with one of two locations committed for the Lake Nona community.
- UCF College of Medicine, which will be occupying additional administrative space in Lake Nona Village.
In addition, new leases in the Publix-anchored Lake Nona Plaza include:
- Nona Nails
- Hangers Cleaners
- Anthony Jewelers
- Lake Nona Eye Associates
- Lach Orthodontic Specialists
Also, Heartland Dental will be under construction with their second Lake Nona location on an outparcel to Lake Nona Plaza.
J.P. Morgan Chase will be opening up their first Lake Nona branch on the corner of Lake Nona Plaza.