As part of Local 6's Countdown to the Super Bowl, the Morning crew has shared their favorite dip recipes below:
Troy Bridges' Slap Ya Silly Turkey Chilli
- Sweet onion
- Garlic cloves
- Lean ground turkey
- Diced tomatoes-Rotel
- Tomato sauce/paste
- Red beans
- Cayenne pepper
- brown sugar
- Tony's creole seasoning
- Baby Portabella mushrooms
- Sriracha sauce
1. Caramelize sweet onion and garlic cloves in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. Brown lean ground turkey meat and add it in.
3. In separate giant pot add tomato sauce/tomato paste, diced Rotel tomatoes. Squeeze 2 fresh limes and special chili powder mix: cayenne pepper/brown sugar/Tony's Creole Seasoning and Baby Portabella mushrooms.
4. Then add the cooked meat/onions/garlic
5. Cook a while then add big red beans
6. Add a little Sriracha sauce!
Add cheese/crackers if desired.
Matt Austin's favorite dip
- 16 Ounces of sour cream
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Stir well and enjoy!
Bridgett Ellison’s Just in 'Queso' You're Hungry Dip
- 1 (16 oz.) VELVEETA, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (any flavor, try Mild Mexican VELVEETA with Jalapeno Peppers)
- 1 (10 oz.) ROTEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- Optional: extra sliced or diced jalapenos
Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in medium saucepan.
1. In saucepan, cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until melted, stir frequently.
2. Serve warm with chips, crackers or cut-up vegetables.
Other cooking options:
MICROWAVE (HIGH 5 min, stir after 3)
CROCKPOT (HIGH until melted, stir, turn heat down to LOW)