New video has been released in the face-eating attack of a man in Miami. The victim, Ronald Poppo, had his face eaten by another man on Saturday.
WPLG-TV reports Poppo, is listed in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital.
Fraternal Order of Police President Armando Aguilar said Sunday that Poppo, 65, had about 75 percent of his face bitten off by his attacker, who was shot and killed by police on Saturday.
Poppo is a homeless man who had been living on the streets near the MacArthur Causeway for quite some time.
Sources had previously identified Rudy Eugene, 31, as the man who was seen biting away at the face of Poppo.
"I wouldn't say he had mental problem, but he always felt like -- people were against him type of attitude," said Eugene's ex-wife who declined to give her name publicly. "No one was for him. Everyone was against him."
The couple met while in high school at North Miami Beach Senior High. Their marriage was short-lived, lasting a year and a half. The two filed for divorce in 2007 during a rocky and violent point in their relationship.
She said they had not spoken in or three or four years.
The woman had not yet heard of the gruesome details of the incident involving her ex-husband.
On Saturday afternoon, a witness flagged down a city of Miami cop near the exit ramp of the causeway. A police officer ordered Eugene to stop the attack but he refused and even growled at the officer, according to detectives.
The officer opened fire and killed Eugene.
Both men have had prior run-ins with law enforcement. Miami-Dade court records for both show both had been arrested for mostly a handful of misdemeanors.
It's unclear what sparked the fight.
A woman who answered the door at Eugene's former North Miami Beach home told WPLG-TV that the family who lived there before her had lost the one-story house to foreclosure in 2011. However, Eugene would often pop up to the home unannounced, looking for mail.