ST. CLOUD, Fla. -

The St. Cloud Fire Chief said a family of four was saved by a guardian angel after  a man woke a family up saving them from a house fire.

The Fire Chief believes the electrical fire started in the attic of the home on California Avenue and Third Street in St. Cloud. 

Despite the home being engulfed by flames, the mother, father and two sons were able to get out safely.

Thanks to a good Samaritan who banged on the door to wake them up.

The fire chief said if it was not for him, this family would not have survived.

Two days before Christmas, the family lost their home and all their belongings.

The homeowners told Local 6 they do not have insurance, but they are thankful to be alive.