Orange County leaders voted 7-0 Tuesday morning to approve a $189 million funding plan for the Citrus Bowl renovations, according to Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs' office.
Jacobs and Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer signed a deal last month to start the renovation of the Citrus Bowl in 2014.
The city has been trying to get the county to agree on a plan for about three years. According to the City of Orlando website, the proposed renovation for full build-out of the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium includes:
- 70,000 spectator seating capacity
- 4,000 club seats and 10 new suites
- 40,000 square foot Stadium Club/Banquet space
- New and enhanced concessions, locker rooms, restrooms, press facilities and associated utilities
- Improved accessibility
- Demolition and reconstruction of the existing lower bowl
Construction will start in January of 2014 and could be finished in 11 months.