OLDSMAR, Fla. -

A quick-thinking terrier was credited with saving a Tampa Bay area couple after her barks alerted them to a fire in their home's garage.

Homeowner Mike Brenner said he was woken by Savannah, the family dog on Monday. He realized the garage of his home was ablaze. The couple, Savannah and another dog all escaped without injury.

Oldsmar Fire Chief Dean O'Nale said the garage was completely engulfed in flames when crews arrived about 8 a.m.

No injuries were reported, the fire was contained.

O'Nale said investigators are still examining the house and assessing the damage.