Water bottle recalled after reports of kids tongues' getting stuck
Metal bottle dangerous to kids who got their tongues stuck inside
A company pulled its aluminum water bottle product from the shelves after it posed a danger to children who got their tongues stuck inside the bottle.
PrintGlobe Inc. issued a recall after 11-year-old Demetrice Gibson got his tongue stuck in an aluminum water bottle and was taken to the Intensive Care Unit in Arnold Palmer Hospital. The bottle was surgically removed, but Gibson was forced to use a ventilator after his airway swelled up.
Although Gibson has recovered, similar cases have been reported in Georgia and North Carolina.
PrintGlobe urges other companies to recall similar products until safety improvements can be made.