- Supervise assignment desk operations and staff. Assign daily news coverage and supervise logistics of news crews.
- Lead newsroom planning for daily news and special event coverage. Maintain newsroom planning documents and calendar.
- Active participant in daily editorial meetings, including presentation of the day/night books.
- Generate story ideas through beat calls, social media, wire services, websites and contacts throughout the viewing area.
- Coordinate and communicate coverage plans to all newsroom constituencies, including producers, online and social media staff.
- Demonstrate sound news judgment in selecting and/or recommending stories.
- Develop and maintain assignment desk systems, including story filing and following systems.
- Supervises newsroom internship program.
- Maintain strong communication with other television station departments about news and community activities.
- Organize news-related information necessary to the decision-making process in a television news operation, dispatch and coordinate human and technical resources for news coverage
- Organize information for the use of reporters, photographers, writers and producers.
- Maintain strong people and communication skills in a competitive, pressurized environment and work under intense deadline pressure.
- Post content on the station website and in social media on a daily basis.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to News Director.
- Communications or Journalism degree from a four-year university.
- Minimum of five years progressive newsroom experience as an assignment editor, producer, reporter or photographer.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and other resources.
- Prefer previous newsroom management experience.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 N. JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send resume to: Asst. News Director or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam, including drug screen, background checks, required reference checks and educational degree verification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.