ORLANDO, Fla. -

Three employees of a Waffle House in Orange County were taken to a hospital after being exposed to chemicals, fire officials said.

Nine workers were cleaning the restaurant, located on East Colonial Driver near Alafaya Trail, when a drain cleaner and bleach were mixed, according to Orange County Fire Rescue.

Some of the workers started complaining about coughing and were taken to a hospital, officials said.

Employees were later allowed to return to the restaurant.

No customers were inside at the time of the incident.