Chemicals evacuate Waffle House; workers taken to hospital

Employees cleaning restaurant mixed chemicals, officials say

By Daniel Dahm - Managing Editor --

ORLANDO, Fla. - Three employees of a Waffle House in Orange County were taken to a hospital after being exposed to chemicals, fire officials said.

Nine workers were cleaning the restaurant, located on East Colonial Driver near Alafaya Trail, when a drain cleaner and bleach were mixed, according to Orange County Fire Rescue.

Some of the workers started complaining about coughing and were taken to a hospital, officials said.

Employees were later allowed to return to the restaurant.

No customers were inside at the time of the incident.

Copyright 2014 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.