Christmas present sparks house fire in Brevard

Electric golf cart cited as cause of fire

Published On: Dec 26 2013 09:31:55 AM EST
MIMS, Fla. -

A Christmas present is to blame after a fire broke out at Brevard County home.

The blaze broke out Christmas Eve at a home in Mims when an electric golf cart that was charging sparked, according to the family.

Firefighters battled the blaze for nearly an hour before extinguishing it.

No other presents were damaged in the fire, and the family opened them in their neighbor's garage.

The family is now staying with friends.