**This is a sponsored article by Mullinax Ford of Central Florida**
Demand for Used Cars is Up in 2013
In the past few years, car sales have been on a rocky road. First, new car sales plummeted with the decline of the economy. Then, they rose sharply when the economy began to recover. The auto industry expects new car sales to top 15 million in 2013, a slight increase from the number of sales in 2012. While new car sales are the ones that get the attention, the used car market is the one that is booming.
There are several reasons that used car inventory is down –
- New cars are being built to last longer – While in the past, most new cars were not built to withstand very high mileage, new cars are now being designed to last for at least 100,000 miles. Some are built to top 200,000 miles or more. With cars designed to last, consumers are trading them in less often.
- People are keeping their cars longer – With cars designed to last, consumers are trading them in less often. People prefer to hang on to their cars if they are running well.
- New car sales fell 2-4 years ago – The used car market relies heavily on the turnover of cars that are between two and four years old – these tend to be the hottest sellers. However, in the years during the recession, new car sales fell sharply. Therefore, there are just not as many cars available in that age range.
- Cash for Clunkers – The government program provided an incentive for people to trade in their old cars that weren't running well or they just plain wanted to get rid of. This greatly reduced the used car inventory as well.
The good news is, some car dealerships still are able to keep a great selection of used cars in stock. Mullinax Ford boasts over 650 used cars at our five dealerships. You can search our website for exactly the used car that you are looking for. Filter by make, model, year, cost, features and more. In the market for a new car? Mullinax Ford has a huge selection of the most popular Ford models, like the 2013 Ford Explorer or the new 2013 Ford Fusion Energi . Stop by one of our five dealerships and bring us your current car to add to our extensive used car inventory!
2013 Ford Escape: Multi-Functional and Stylish!
The Escape, Ford's affordable and efficient compact SUV, recently has undergone some major changes. A complete redesign of the body style makes the Escape more aerodynamic and sleek. During the redesign process, Ford decided to concentrate on making their small SUV versatile, fuel-efficient, and packed with new technology. The Escape is a great vehicle for people with all different types of lifestyles. On the go for work? Have a family and all of the gear that comes with it? The newly redesigned Escape offers something for everyone.
Fun and Useful Features – the new 2013 Escape comes equipped with all kinds of great features. The voice-activated SYNC system is great for hands-free control of your phone and audio system. MyFordTouch is integrated with the SEL trim level, offering an 8-inch LCD screen. The new Escape model also offers a power rear liftgate that can be activated by a light kick to the underside of the rear bumper – so convenient! These are just a few features that the new Escape offers. Some others include:
- Heated leather seats (SEL models)
- Parallel Parking Assist
- Blind Spot Information System (also known as BLIS)
Fuel Efficient and Environmentally Friendly – SE and SEL model Escapes come equipped with a 1.6L or 2.0L Ecoboost 4-cylinder engine. Ecoboost engines are turbocharged, delivering more power from a smaller engine. Escapes average between 21 (city) and 33 (highway) MPG. Some parts of the car's interior are made from recycled materials as well. The carpet is made from recycled plastic bottles, and the dashboard insulation uses recycled cotton.
Cost Effective – the Escape is very reasonably priced in what is a very competitive market for small SUVs. With models ranging from the more basic S to the decked-out 4-wheel drive Titanium, there's an Escape in nearly everyone's price range. The S model starts at less than $23,000.
Mullinax Ford in Apopka has a huge selection of new 2013 Escapes to choose from. The Mullinax Ford group of dealerships offers a selection of more than 75 new Escapes. There is bound to be one that fits your needs and budget. Mullinax Ford in Apopka has an experience sales staff that is happy to help you find the Ford Escape that fits your lifestyle and budget. Call, e-mail, or visit Mullinax Ford in Apopka to see all of our special offers and financing options.