The state fire marshal is investigating what sparked a fire that sent a family running from their home.
The fire broke out shortly after 11 p.m. Monday at a home in the 5000 block of Astoria Place in Orlando.
The parents and their three children were not injured.
"They lose personal items -- photos and things like that -- that can't be replaced," Orange County Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Renee Stone said. "But You look at the bigger picture, everybody got out OK."
According to firefighters, the blaze appeared to have started in the back of the home and spread toward the attic.
The home was heavily damaged but was not a total loss, fire officials said.
The family said they will be staying with neighbors.