ORLANDO, Fla. - No one has been arrested so far for the murder of a local teen who was abducted and then killed nearly a year ago.
Joshua Johnson, 18, went missing on Aug. 15, 2012. Authorities said he was later found murdered, set on fire in a vacant home in Pine Hills.
For Patricia Davis, Johnson's grandmother, the middle of the week brings back reminders of her loss.
"I have to take it one day at a time," said Davis. "A lot of days don't be good days, but when Wednesday comes it's not a good day for me."
Johnson's family is pleading for clues to his death, wondering why he had to be killed.
"We don't know who did it, where they are at, or anything," said Davis. "No one has said anything, they have no leads."
Witnesses initially came forward and told police they saw Johnson fighting with two men, but thought the group was playing around.
But police said those two men attacked Johnson and forced him into a van.
Whitney Davis is Johnson's older sister, who says he was a funny guy, who always brightened everyone's day.
"He wouldn't want us to give up on him," said Davis. "I think about him all the time and he's always on my mind. Every time I look at my son, it reminds me of my brother."
The family said Johnson was getting his life back on track and was coming home from school the day he was kidnapped.
Despite no leads, the family believes people in the area know who did it, but are too scared to speak up.
"I'm really afraid they're going to do this again to someone else. They need to be caught and off the streets," said Davis.
If anyone has information, they are asked to call Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous and are eligible for a reward up to $5,000.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.