ORLANDO, Fla. - The Powerball jackpot will be at least $600 million during Saturday's drawing, making it the largest Powerball prize in history.
[SLIDESHOW: Events more likely than winning the lottery]
No players matched all five numbers and the Powerball on Wednesday, allowing the jackpot to roll over to the next drawing.
The prize started out at $475 million and increased to $550 million on Thursday before jumping to $600 million on Friday.
The Powerball drawing will be Saturday at 10:59 p.m. Central Floridians can only see the drawing live on Local 6 just before the 11 p.m. newscast.
The 10 highest lottery jackpots previously have been
- $656.0 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (3 tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
- Estimated $600 million, Powerball, (drawing scheduled for Saturday, May 18; jackpot could grow)
- $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (2 tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
- $390.0 million, Mega Millions, March 6, 2007 (2 tickets from Georgia and New Jersey)
- $380.0 million, Mega Millions, Jan. 4, 2011 (2 tickets from Idaho and Washington)
- $365.0 million, Powerball, Feb. 18, 2006 (1 ticket from Nebraska)
- $363.0 million, The Big Game, May 9, 2000 (2 tickets from Illinois and Michigan)
- $340.0 million, Powerball, Oct. 19, 2005 (1 ticket from Oregon)
- $338.3 million, Powerball, March 23, 2013 (1 ticket from New Jersey)
- $337.0 million, Powerball, Aug. 15, 2012 (1 ticket from Michigan)
Copyright 2013 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.