Heater ignites house fire in Palm Bay

Fire causes $10K in damage

Published On: Nov 29 2013 09:46:05 AM EST   Updated On: Nov 29 2013 01:40:20 PM EST
seagrape fire
PALM BAY, Fla. -

A heater ignited a fire on Thursday night, causing $10,000 in damage to the mobile home, according to fire officials.

Palm Bay Fire-Rescue said the fire sparked just after 11:30 p.m. Thursday on Seagrape Street.

The investigation revealed the homeowner had turned on the heater a couple of hours prior to the fire.

“We found dust accumulated within the duct work which was not hung but placed on the ground,” said Assistant Fire Marshal Ron Bailey in a release . “When the heater was turned on the dust ignited and started the fire within the ducts which then spread to a portion of the inside of the home.”

No injuries have been reported.