Local 6 has compiled theme park freebies as part of its Theme Park Week.
- Movies Under The Stars/Campside Activities (Disney) -- this is at Fort Wilderness. Free Disney movies at a camp fire. Other freebies at Ft. Wilderness include extensive nature trails as well as exploring the Tri-Circle-D Barn (a lot of the horses from Main St and other places live there)
For a small fee -- children can even ride a pony there.
- Exploring Universal's Resorts (Portofino/Royal Pacific/Boat Rides to them)
- Grand Floridian At Christmas Time -- this resort features a life-size gingerbread house in its lobby -- with gingerbread "shingles" for sale.
- Frankly -- all of the Disney resorts are fun and free to explore -- and they never look better than when decorated for the holidays. The Disney Contemporary features a gingerbread tree. The Beach Club has a gingerbread carousel
Other freebies to check out:
- Free boat rides: One from Epcot resorts to Hollywood Studios. Even better -- the boat ride from Downtown Disney to Old Key West and Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside. Scenic ride that takes you through some of the more natural parts of the property.
- Downtown Disney itself is free to explore. Though parking is not a pleasure right now due to construction for Disney Springs.
- Universal CityWalk is also free after 6 p.m. (til then parking costs $16)
- While not technically part of the resort, Downtown Celebration is also a fun place to spend an afternoon -- with its shops, old-time charms and nature walks. This time of year, Celebration also has a nightly tree lighting with "falling snow."