MIMS, Fla. -- A Brevard County family was forced out of their home Tuesday night after fire erupted inside their house.
It happened just after nine o'clock on Amy Way in Mims.
It took crews nearly an hour to knock down the fire. According to fire officials it started in the garage and quickly spread through two bedrooms above it.
The family told Local 6 they believe it was started by an electric golf cart which was charging in the garage.
Luckily everyone inside the home got out safely.
Fire officials say the home was not a total loss and the family will be staying with friends, until they find out if the Red Cross can help them.
Stay with Local 6 and ClickOrlando.com for more on this developing story.