PALM BAY, Fla - A Brevard county woman is safe, and it's all thanks to her dog.
Palm Bay Fire and Rescue crews say the woman's home caught on fire late Thursday night. The fire caused about $10,000 in damage.
The woman and her dog were the only ones home, and both were able to get out safely. Officials say if the woman's dog didn't wake her up, things could have been much worse.
Fire crews say a window air conditioning unit plugged into an old extension cord caused the fire.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.