ORLANDO, Fla. - An Orlando house was seriously damaged by fire late Monday, but the homeowner says he believes the tenant intentionally set the blaze because she was being evicted.
The fire broke out around 11 p.m. at a home on Bumby Avenue and Raeford Road, south of State Road 408 near downtown Orlando.
Melissa Quinn, who has rented the home for the past couple of months, said a lit cigarette accidentally ignited the fire, destroying everything she owns.
"(The fire) turned huge within not even minutes but seconds," Quinn said. "I own nothing, except what I'm wearing."
"The flames were going out above the trees," said neighbor Ricky Wood.
The landlord, however, says he fears Quinn set the fire on purpose.
"He came back over and took the key from her and gave it to the other guy and left, and within 15 minutes the house was up in fire," said Thomas Hunt, a friend of the landlord.
Quinn has not been charged with a crime, and Orlando fire officials said the fire remains under investigation.
Watch Local 6 News and stay with ClickOrlando.com for more on this story.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.