OCALA, Fla. - Homes in Ocala were evacuated Thursday morning after a contractor inadvertently cut a gas line.
The rupture occurred around 8 a.m. near 1810 Southeast 33rd Lane.
Fire officials said a 2-inch natural gas line was ruptured, and TECO officials capped the leak. Officials initially believed that a car crash nearby caused the leak.
Eight houses were evacuated as a precaution, but residents were later allowed to re-enter their homes.
Watch Local 6 News and stay with ClickOrlando.com for more on this story.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.