ORLANDO, Fla. -

Some residents of the Parramore community of Orlando will deliver official complaints to the Orlando Police Department and march to City Hall on Thursday after officers dressed in riot gear shut down a block party last month.

[RELATED: Orlando police break up street party | Apology sought after block party shut down]

Police estimated between 800 and 1,000 people had gathered for a "Celebration of Life" party to honor community members who had died.

At 11:30 p.m. July 27, officers could be seen in cellphone video marching down Randall Street dressed in full riot gear, pounding their shields with their batons. They were followed by a long line of patrol cars with their lights on.

Crowds dispersed slowly, forcing officers to launch smoke canisters into the crowd, a police spokeswoman said. She said no one was arrested and no one was injured.

Residents claim it was a peaceful gathering and they question why the police would resort to dressing in riot gear to break up the party.

Local 6 asked the department if they would be conducting any kind of internal review of their tactics. The spokeswoman said a review would only happen if there were complaints lodged against the department.

As a result, some residents have been working with attorneys and they said they are ready to deliver complaints to the Orlando Police Department on Friday.

They also organized a march to city hall for Thursday afternoon. The march was set to begin at 5 p.m. at the corner of Randall Street and Westmoreland Drive and continue to City Hall, but rain delayed the start time.