Police look for answers in Rockledge gun thefts
A collection of firearms ranging from semi-automatic assault-style weapons to small-caliber pistols was stolen from a home in Rockledge last month, and investigators sent word out to the community for help in solving the crime.
Rockledge police say fourteen guns were taken along with several other items, Local 6 news partner Florida Today reports.
Police are actively investigating the case — the detective in charge expressed concern about stolen guns being used for crime.
“Definitely these type of cases jump to the forefront in terms of working on them,” Detective Carlos Quiroga said.
Quiroga said the burglary took place during daylight hours at a home on Dec. 19 on Kings Post Road.
He declined to give details about how the burglar entered.
Police circulated a message about the theft to homeowners. It says the burglar also took a 60-inch Samsung television, a Macbook Pro laptop, a gun safe.
Anyone with information on the theft should contact Quiroga at 321-690-3988 Ext. 3108 or at email@example.com.
Weapons reported stolen:
• Armalite AR-15
• K-VAR AK-47
• Defense Procurement Manufacturing Services .308 rifle
• Mossberg 500 shotgun
• Ruger .22 rifle
• Winchester lever-action .22 rifle
• Browning lever-action .22 rifle
• Rossi Amadeo pump action .22 rifle
• Two Fabrique Nationale pistols – one in 9 mm, one in .45
• Smith & Wesson .357 revolver
• Two Kahr pistols – in 9 mm and .45
• Kel-Tec .22 pistol.
Also reported stolen
• 60-inch TV
• Macbook Pro laptop computer
• Gun safe