- Gather and process information leading to the development of news stories for presentation on air.
- Writing, supervision and occasional editing of story production.
- Travel to the scene of a news story, gather and compile information into the proper form for editing and broadcast.
- May report the story live from the scene, newsroom or studio.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and irregular hours on a moments notice.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to the News Director.
- Minimum of two years full-time television reporting or equivalent experience preferred.
- Familiarity with all standard newsroom procedures.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
- Self starter.
- Must be able to travel and fly to various locations in an airplane or helicopter.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 John Young Parkway
ORLANDO, FL 32804
Send tape and resume to: News Director
Send letter to enable evaluation of your skills and special flair. Please provide daytime & nighttime contact information.
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting. Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment physical exam, including drug screen and required reference checks and educational degree verification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation.