COCOA, Fla. - The family of a retired Cocoa firefighter was sitting outside on their front porch when they smelled smoke. But no one had any idea flames were already burning inside the mobile home just a few feet away.
"We opened the door and that's when they burst open and just burned right in front of our eyes," said Tamara Faulk.
She was just about to put her baby daughter down for a nap inside the house when the fire erupted.
"It was like four minutes. It burned that quick," said Faulk. "Just gone."
By the time firefighters arrived the house was fully engulfed. The family immediately began looking for their two dogs. One of the pets made it out safely, but another did not survive.
The family said they have no idea what could have sparked the fire.
The state fire marshal's office is investigating.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.