WINDERMERE, Fla. - A giant sinkhole that forced two Windermere families to leave their homes has been filled.
The sinkhole opened up in May near a home that one of the families had been renting.
"We just moved in, we just got all the decorations on the wall and my wife woke me up and said there was a hole in the back yard," Lou Lambros told Local 6. "My wife said she was hearing little pops, and when we went downstairs she could actually hear the grass tearing apart and falling into the hole."
The Orange County Building Department helped the families move to relatives' homes for temporary housing.
The sinkhole was filled in Wednesday, but there was no word if the families had moved back into their home.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.