'Suspicious' fire sparks, destroys Sanford appliance store
Fire marshal investigating
Authorities are investigating a suspicious fire that sparked at a Sanford appliance store early Thursday morning.
Investigators say the fire ignited at the Appliance Store at around 4:30 a.m. The store is a loss because of smoke damage inside, according to the owner.
The owner said he doesn't plan to rebuild the store.
Authorities said The Computer Store, located next door to The Appliance Store, had a couple windows punched out, leading them to believe it to be suspicious.
The state fire marshal is investigating.