'Suspicious' fire sparks, destroys Sanford appliance store

Fire marshal investigating

Published On: Aug 08 2013 09:12:39 AM EDT   Updated On: Aug 08 2013 09:17:23 AM EDT

Authorities are investigating a suspicious fire that sparked at a Sanford appliance store early Thursday morning.

Investigators say the fire ignited at the Appliance Store at around 4:30 a.m. The store is a loss because of smoke damage inside, according to the owner.

The owner said he doesn't plan to rebuild the store.

Authorities said The Computer Store, located next door to The Appliance Store, had a couple windows punched out, leading them to believe it to be suspicious.

The state fire marshal is investigating.