Timeline: Forged document prison escapes in Florida
Local 6 compiles timeline of events leading to inmate escapes
Published On: Oct 25 2013 12:14:47 PM EDT Updated On: Oct 25 2013 06:33:12 PM EDT
Local 6 has compiled a timeline of the inmates who escaped Florida prisons.
- 10/21/09: Nydeed Nashaddai escapes from Pinellas Co. jail with forged documents, but is caught the next day.
- 11/08/10: Nashaddai sentenced to 20 years at Franklin C.I.
- 6/3/11: Joseph Jenkins forged documents filed with Orange Co. Clerk of Courts. Clerk spokeswoman says standard procedure would have been to forward those records to DOC. But for an unknown reason, Jenkins was not released.
- 2/8/12: Jenkins sends an inquiry to Orange Clerk asking about his motion's status.
- 2/10/12: Orange Clerk responds to Jenkins, indicating his motion was received and referred to a judge but no order was rendered. Jenkins is also told pre-payment is required before services can be rendered.
- 1/29/13: Gerald Joe fraudulent documents filed with Brevard Clerk of Courts. Clerk employee catches the forgeries and it and forwards them to BCSO.
- 2/11/13: BCSO issues search warrant on Joe's cell at Franklin CI, seizes documents, obtains partial admission from him.
- 2/21/13: Orange County SAO learns of Jeffery Forbes attempted escape from OCSO detective.
- 4/1/13: DOC Senior Inspector meets with Orange SAO investigator about Forbes, says DOC will conduct audit of other potential cases, according to the SAO timeline.
- 4/12/13: FDLE agents meet with Orange SAO team and DOC inspector about Forbes.
- 5/28/13: Interim Orange Clerk of Courts meets with FDLE and SAO team.
- 8/14/13: Brevard SAO decides not to prosecute Joe due to insuffient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.
- 8/30/13: Joseph Jenkins second set of fraudulent documents received at Orange Clerk.
- 9/27/13: Jenkins released from prison.
- 10/7/13: Charles Walker fraudulent documents received at Orange County Clerk.
- 10/8/13: Walker released from same prison. Same day Orange SAO charges Forbes with escape, forgery.
- 10/16/13: Orange SAO learns of Jenkins and Walker escapes, Judge Perry issues arrest warrants.
- Shortly after, BCSO says it notified FDLE about Joe case after learning of Jenkins/Walker incidents.
- 10/19/13: Jenkins and Walker captured.
- 10/22/13: FDLE Commissioner says he's aware of 7 escape attempts - 2 for Jenkins, Walker, Forbes, Nashaddai, and 2 unidentified inmates. FDLE later says Joe is not among the unidentified.