Local 6 has put together a tipping guide for restaurants, traveling and salon/spa services.
- Wait service (sit down) 15-20%, pre-tax
- Wait service (buffet) 10%, pre-tax
- Host or Maitre d' No obligation for greeting you and showing you to your table.
- $10-$20 for going above and beyond to find you a table on a busy night or on occasion, if you are a regular patron
- Take Out No obligation
- 10% for extra service (curb delivery) or a large, complicated order
- Home Delivery 10-15% of the bill, $2-5 for pizza delivery depending on the size of the order and difficulty of delivery
- Bartender $1-2 per drink or 15-20% of the tab
- Tipping jars No obligation
- Tip occasionally if your server or barista provides a little something extra or if you are a regular customer.
- Restroom Attendant $0.50-$3, depending on the level of service
- Valet $2-$5 Tip when the car is returned to you.
- Skycap $2 first bag, $1 per additional bag
- Doorman A smile and a "thanks" when he opens the door
- $1-$4 for carrying luggage
- $1-$2 for hailing cab (add an extra $1 if it's raining)
- $1-$4 beyond the call of duty
- Bellhop $2 first bag, $1 per additional bag
- $2-3 for each additional service, such as room delivery
- Housekeeper $2-$5 per day, left daily with a note marked "Housekeeping - Thank you"
- Concierge No obligation for answering questions
- $5-10 for tickets or restaurant reservations
- $15 for hard-to-get tickets or reservations, or 10-20% of the ticket price
- Taxi driver 15-20% of the fare, but minimally $1
- $2 for the first bag, $1 for the second
- Hair Salon 15-20%, ask to be split among those who served you
- Manicurist 15-20%
- Facial, waxing, massage 15-20%
Copyright 2013 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.