If your child presents any of these symptoms you should discuss them with your pediatrician:
1. Difficulty falling asleep.
2. Tossing and turning at night.
3. Sleep walking.
4. Waking up tired and irritable / tired and irritable throughout the day
7. Difficulty staying awake during the day
Also be aware of sleep hygiene:
- Establish consistent routines at bedtime and awakening times
- Bedroom should be dark, slightly cooler and without distracting noise
- Establish a calming pre-sleep ritual (reading, avoid TV ,video games, computers and cellphones)
- Reduce intake of sugar, caffeine and excessive fluids.