Woman escapes Sanford house fire

Homeowner cites kerosene lamp as cause of blaze

By Daniel Dahm - Managing Editor -- ClickOrlando.com

SANFORD, Fla. - A woman was able to escape a fire that destroyed a house early Monday in Sanford.

The fire broke out around 4:30 a.m. at 3248 Main St.

Latrelle Barfield told Local 6 that she was using a kerosene lamp to heat her home, and it caught some carpet on fire.

Barfield said she ran for help, and a neighbor called 911.

Sanford firefighters extinguished the blaze.

No one was injured.

The Red Cross was assisting Barfield.

No other details were released.

Copyright 2014 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.