SANFORD, Fla. - The case for the teen who was who was shot and killed by a neighborhood watchman, has officially been released to the State Attorney's Office as of Tuesday afternoon, Sanford police said.
Trayvon Martin 17, of Miami, was shot and killed last month in Sanford while visiting family in Central Florida.
The State Attorney's office released a statement Tuesday, saying, "State Attorney Norm Wolfinger recognizes that Trayvon Martin and his family, interested persons, and the public-at-large are entitled to no less than a through, deliberate and just review of the information provided, along with any other evidence that may or may not be developed in the course of the review process."
The statement said the office can't give a specific date for their investigation to be complete.
Sanford Police held a press conference Monday to announce the completion of their investigation into Martin's death.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the man who police say shot Martin, George Zimmerman, has not been arrested.
On Feb. 26 just after 7 p.m., Zimmerman was on Neighborhood Watch and reported seeing a suspicious man walking down the street. Martin was on his way home after buying a bag of Skittles and a drink at a nearby convenience store.
A 911 dispatcher told Zimmerman that officers were on the way and not to interfere.
Police said the two got into a scuffle and Zimmerman shot Martin in the chest. Zimmerman was questioned by Sanford police but wasn't arrested.
Check back with Local 6 and ClickOrlando.com for more information.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.