Honoring America's Veterans
Today is the national observance of Veterans Day.
November 11th is the actual holiday. It coincides with the anniversary of the end of World War I.
The holiday honors all armed services veterans.
Here in Central Florida several local restaurant are saying thanks to veterans for their service by offering free meals to current, retired and former military members.
Bar Louie - free lunch or dinner, up to an $11 value.
BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse - complimentary lunch entree or a one topping mini or individual pizza
California Pizza Kitchen - pizza and a non-alcoholic beverage
Golden Corral - free meal to any veteran who has served in the United States military or is a current active duty service member
Longhorn Steakhouse - free appetizer and drink
Outback Steakhouse - free Bloomin' Onion and a Coca Cola
Texas Roadhouse - complimentary lunch from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
T.G.I. Fridays - free lunch
The website militarybenefits.info has these tips before you head out to your favorite restaurant.
- Review the official site information and rules before heading out. Many websites are listing previous years promotions that are no longer valid. We link to the official information.
- Be sure to bring proof of military service, uniform photo or be in uniform. Proof of military service varies by company.
- Be sure to note if the Veterans Day tribute is on Monday, November 12 or even longer. Some have set hours as well.
- Many of the restaurant free meals are for dine in only.
- Many of these promotions include small print that says participating locations only. Unfortunately individual franchisees may choose not to participate. Fortunately, some franchisee’s participate even if the corporate company does not.
- Call ahead if you’re unsure about anything.
- Thank you for your service!
Copyright 2012 by ClickOrlando.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.