UCF quarterback Blake Bortles announced on Monday that he will forgo his last year of eligibility and declare for the NFL draft.
Bortles made the announcement at a news conference on Monday afternoon. A source told Local 6's Jamie Seh that he broke the news to his teammates at a team meeting on Sunday night.
Redshirt junior running back Storm Johnson also declared for the NFL draft on Monday.
"I'm sorry to see them go, but I'm happy for them," said UCF Head Coach George O'Leary.
Bortles, a redshirt junior, threw for 301 yards and accounted for four touchdowns in the Fiesta Bowl to help UCF beat Baylor 52-42 Wednesday.
He tweeted on Monday after the announcement "So thankful for everyone at UCF! This has been the greatest 4 years of my life and I'm so proud to forever be a Knight!"
Bortles was instrumental throughout the run, throwing for more than 3,500 yards and 25 touchdowns, while completing 68 percent of his passes.
Bortles sought a rating from the NFL Draft Advisory Board and reportedly received a first-round grade. Some projections list him as one of the top quarterbacks available in the draft.
Johnson is a 6-foot, 217-pound back who led the Knights with 1,139 yards rushing. Johnson rushed for 14 touchdowns in his first year as the starter.
Watch Local 6 News and stay with ClickOrlando.com for updates on this story.