- Write news stories clearly and intelligently and present them in an appealing manner.
- Awareness of news developments in the region served by the station.
- Work with producers, photographers and editors to improve story content and presentation.
- Appreciate the efforts of others who contribute to the newscast, be receptive to suggestions, direction and criticism.
- Be creative and organized, communicate effectively and use independent judgment.
- May be required to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays, occasionally on a moments notice.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Represent the station at community events, club meetings, fund-raisers, etc.
- Reports to News Director.
- Minimum of five years full-time television anchor/reporting or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong background in broadcast journalism with good news judgment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Clear, strong, pleasing voice with a talent for on-air presentation.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and maintain a safe driving record.
- Must be able to travel, and fly to various locations in an airplane or helicopter.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send tape and resume to: News Director
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment alcohol/drug screen, required reference checks and educational degree verification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation.