WKMG-TV, the CBS Network affiliate and a ratings leader in Orlando, is looking for a talented and experienced professional to join our creative services team.
Join a dynamic team of creative producers in one of the top 20 markets in America! WKMG-TV, News 6, the Graham Media Group CBS affiliate in sunny Orlando, has an immediate opening for an innovative and creative Writer/Producer to join its award-winning Creative Services team.
If you have strong marketing instincts, are a good writer and love television news, we want you! This creative producer will be responsible for helping to bring the News 6 brand alive by conceptualizing, writing and editing compelling promos. From image shoots and investigative promos to topicals, contests and PSAs, this producer will have the opportunity to flex their creative muscles to do it all.
The successful candidate will be expected to execute the Brand Building Strategy for WKMG-TV, produce high quality spots, and maximize reach and frequency of promotion content. Specifically, he/she will:
- Create full scale marketing campaigns to brand our products (including on-air spots, web supplements, and social media)
- Generate and execute ideas to improve workflow and create efficiency within the department
- Generate revenue by coordinating and integrating sales elements into promotions
- Generate crawls, write press releases, field produce for local specials and community involvement projects
- Provide production support and timely, excellent customer service to all other station departments
Qualified candidates must be able to promote news stories in a way that connects with viewers, as well as, have the ability to work well with other departments. Quick thinking and problem solving is a plus as you will need to be able to change creative directions quickly, thrive under pressure and tight deadlines. This producer will also participate in all other aspects of the creative servcies department including, but not limited to, digital, social and participating in community events. Being a team-player, a self motivator and having a "can-do" attitude are highly recommended. The ability to have fun and be creative are requirements!
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Must have ability to handle multiple tasks at once and thrive under pressure.
- A minimum of two years experience in news promotion or related marketing field a plus.
- Photoshop, Illustrator and Aftereffects experience a plus.
- Must possess outstanding writing, graphic and visual skills with ability to "sell" a story.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- College degree in Marketing, TV Production, Communications, or related field is preferred
No Phone Calls Please
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
Copyright 2016 by WKMG ClickOrlando - All rights reserved.