WKMG-TV, the Post-Newsweek-owned station in sunny Orlando, seeks a motivated, high-energy Creative Writer-Producer to join our award-winning Creative Team. Candidate will be responsible for bringing the Local 6 brand to life through compelling writing, superior editing and strategic conceptualization. The qualified candidate must be able to conceive, write, shoot, edit and succeed in a high-energy, results-oriented media environment. Ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker and contributor of ideas with the ability to learn from those around them.
- Write, produce and edit compelling news image and topical promotions
- Social media marketing and content development
- Assist in all areas of station promotions, marketing, commercial production, special projects, community events and more
- Participate fully in daily news meetings
- Work well with news producers, photographers and reporters in the field
- Produce image, web videos, and other promotions as assigned
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays on short notice
- Reports to Creative Services Director
- Two years + Television promotion experience
- Exceptional knowledge of Premier or Final cut experience and After Effects a plus
- Willingness to work flexible schedules
- Both a team player and a solo act rolled into one
- Ability to problem-solve, find positive solutions to challenges
- Must be well organized and highly motivated
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Email or send resume and reel to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attn: Kymberli Peoples -Creative Services Director
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting. Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment physical exam, including drug screen, background check, required reference checks and educational degree verification.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, matriculation or political affiliation.