- Reports live on local traffic conditions
- Knowledge of local traffic patterns and major highways
- Work with news management to examine significant ideas for new reports and features
- Evaluate/analyze leads and tips to develop story ideas.
- Cultivate and maintain credible news sources.
- Writes, records and creates graphics for traffic reports
- Responsible for monitoring traffic conditions for daily newscasts
- Follow up on previous reported stories for updates.
- Develop original, imaginative and creative ways to tell/show daily news traffic reports
- Coordinate news coverage activities with producers, photographers, editors, news management.
- Meet daily deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities and breaking news.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and irregular hours on a moments notice.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
- Reports to News Director
- Degree in Journalism preferred
- Demonstrable experience and talent as TV reporter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong news ethics, judgment and professionalism
- Maintain professional contact and discretion with community leaders, news sources and the public
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities
- Team player
- Scheduling flexibility, especially for breaking news
- Must be able to travel and fly to various locations in an airplane or helicopter
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send tape and resume to: News Director, email: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, background/required reference checks and educational degree verification.
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.