Julie Broughton's career in Central Florida has spanned more than 14 years! She started with News 6 as a meteorologist guiding you through tough weather, and now anchors the 4:00 & 7:00pm newscasts bringing you the latest breaking stories in the community. Julie arrived in Orlando in 2001 and covered hurricane Charley, Frances and Jean in 2004, along with our historic hurricane season in 2005! While forecasting has been her first love, Julie also loves her new anchor role that allows her to report on stories that are important to you and your family.
Prior to moving to Central Florida, Julie worked as an on-camera meteorologist in Chicago; Evansville, Ind.; and Oak Hill, W.V. Julie is a graduate of Indiana University and completed her meteorology studies through Mississippi State University. Julie is a member of National Weather Association Seal.
Julie enjoys volunteering in the community and has served on the Board of Directors for the Orlando Gay Chorus. She is passionate about animal welfare and has helped hundreds of animals find their "forever homes" through her efforts with Pet Rescue by Judy. Julie reads a lot, and needs your book recommendations! When she's behind the anchor desk, you'll find her reading, writing, and taking a ridiculous amount of photos of her daughter.
- Favorite Restaurant: Bosphorus Winter Park Village
- Favorite Food: Depends on the day. Does Mama Broughton's chicken and dumplings count?
- Favorite Genre Of Music: Pop
- Favorite Musical Group/Singer: The Wiggles, closely followed by The Doors and Justin Timberlake
- Favorite Web Site: I'm ashamed to admit this, but Facebook
- Favorite Author: It's a tie between James Patterson and Augusten Burroughs, depending upon my mood
- Favorite Book: Running With Scissors
- Favorite Sport: Basketball
- Favorite Team: Orlando Magic, of course
- Favorite Movie: Gone with the Wind and Shawshank Redemption
- Favorite TV Show: Dexter
- Favorite Actor/Actress: Reese Witherspoon and Morgan Freeman
- Favorite Quote: "A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
- Place You Would Love To Visit: Tahiti