If you’re looking to get your foot in the door in a top 20 market at one of the most competitive television stations in Central Florida, this is where you need to be.
WKMG-TV is looking for a Newscast Producer who loves breaking news, is driven by the desire to create an interesting and engaging newscast AND loves producing innovative, unique digital content.
WKMG wins Edward R. Murrow, Emmy and AP awards. We have twice been named as a finalist for the National Association of Broadcasters Service to America award.
We grow our Associate Producers into Producers, Reporters and Managers.
Orlando news thrives on breaking news and often our breaking local story ends up as a national news headline.
Come live, learn and work where news breaks.
- Produce creative daily newscast in a fast-paced, graphics-intensive environment.
- Produce unique, enterprise and breaking news content for ClickOrlando.com
- Story ideas in daily meetings.
- Responsible for content, use of video and graphics and logistical coordination.
- Coordination of all production functions.
- Assist reporters in story development.
- Discretion, maturity and composure-especially under pressure.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Possess and maintain valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Reports to Executive Producer and Digital Managing Editor.
- Minimum of two years producing experience in contemporary, progressive broadcast news environment preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage people and other resources.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
- Must be able to travel.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT:
Send resume or email to: News Director Allison McGinley at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Phone Calls Please
NOTE: Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment background checks, including drug screen, required reference checks and educational degree verification.
WKMG-TV is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.